Your Fall HVAC Tune Up… An Ounce of Prevention!
Many service calls to IWantSMART experts are because a furnac was not professionally maintained. With a proper Fall HVAC tune-up, you prevent a whole host of issues that could potentially harm your household. For instance, every furnace produces a small amount of carbon monoxide when running. If the unit is not maintained correctly, that amount of carbon monoxide can become excessive, maybe even deadly.
Put an HVAC maintenance plan into your family’s budget to improve the unit’s reliability, extend its lifespan, reduce energy costs, prevent equipment breakdowns, and lessen that safety concern. Ignore that maintenance and your family could be looking at dirty air circulation, breakdown during a Polar Vortex blizzard, or worse.
A Proper Fall HVAC Tune-Up Includes:
- Inspecting all safety components
- The heat exchanger to make sure it’s not leaking carbon monoxide
- All electrical connections, gas and oil connections
- Any gas leaks
- Limit controls and pilot safety
- Checking the thermostat to ensure settings are functional
- Testing air flow
- Lubricating the blower bearings and blower motor as recommended by the manufacturer
- Clearing any dust from the blower compartment
- Testing air flow
- Examining the vents, drafts and flues
This is NOT a DIY job!
It’s important to have an IWantSMART expert perform a Fall HVAC Tune Up on the furnace well before you’d typically need to turn on your heating system. By scheduling your tune-up early in the season, weaknesses or underlying issues can be found and fixed immediately.
Contact I Want Smart today to set up an appointment a Fall HVAC Tune-Up of your furnace or heat pump. And be sure to check out our current rebate offers, including furnace and AC replacements, as well as system cleanings and preventative tune-ups here.